Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Chapters 3 & 4

Chapter 3: Pirate Hunter Zoro Enters
This issue begins with Luffy and Coby (I don't know why it is spelled differently, although it could be my copy because i have noticed several spelling mistakes in it) reaching a marine base. Once there they notice the inhabitants of the island that the base is located on act very strangely around both the name of the famed pirate hunter Roronoa Zoro and the name of the commanding officer of the base Lieutenant Morgan. Luffy looking to create a pirate crew looks to recruit Zorro. At first Luffy isn't sure if Zoro is right for his pirate crew but as events transpire on the island he comes to realize that Zoro would make a perfect crew member. Luffy stands up for Zorro angering the marine Lieutenant Morgans son. I found this issue rather slow but it definitely  did a good job setting up the rest of this arc. I love how Luffy's personality has finally gotten into full swing by this point and his stupid humor never ceases to amaze me. This issue wasn't one of my favorites but it did its objective well.




Chapter 4: Marine Lieutenant "Axe Arm Morgan"
Sorry there isn't a picture for this chapter but the I can't find a title page for it. Anyway the issue begins right where the last one left off Luffy has just punched Morgan's son and is told that Morgan will definitely give him the death penalty. Luffy goes back to where Zorro is being held to free him and ask if he will join Luff's crew. Zoro repeatedly declines. This issue also gives us our first look at Lieutenant "Axe Hand Morgan". Morgan is one of my favorite villains in One Piece because he is the only villain I have seen so far that relies mainly on physical strength. He is also incredibly brutal and egotistical. Another thing that really made me like Morgan was when he smacked his good for nothing son. Don't get me wrong I'm not condoning child abuse but that kid deserved it. Over all this was an pretty good issue because it was loaded with humor and story.

No comments:

Post a Comment